- 1 tsp fresh yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 tsp each white cumin & omam
- Take warm milk and keep aside. Stir together yeast and sugar in a cup.Pour a little milk in yeast, stir well, keep aside to froth till double.
- Take a slightly warmed
mixing bowl. Sieve in flour and salt. Make a well in center.Sprinkle seeds onto flour.
- Mix butter into warmed milk. Pour this in center of flour.Pour yeast mixture too.Mix and knead well till very smooth and elastic. Add warm water as required for kneading.
- Cover and keep aside for 45 minutes, or till double. Lift dough and punch and knead for 3-4 minutes.Shape into a thin log. Cut into 30-33 parts.
- Shape each part into a finger shape.Grease a
baking sheetwell, place fingers on it. Brush with some oil or butter.
- Keep aside for 20 minutes. Bake in preheated oven at 200C for 10 minutes.Thereafter at 170C for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove and cool first in sheet then on racks till completely cooled.Store in airtight jar. Serve with hot tea or coffee or even soup.