- 2 eggs
- 4 slices of white bread
- 1/3 cup of milk
- Ground cinnamon, to taste
- Vanilla sugar, about ½ teaspoon
- Shredded cheese of your choice
- 1 table spoon of butter
- Prepare ingredients: It will work better if bread that you use is 2-3 days old, fresh bread will sodden fast and may be hard to handle, if you only have fresh bread – dry bread slices it a bit in a toster before using for french toasts; also vanilla sugar can be replaced with vanilla extract.
- Crack eggs in a bowl, add cinnamon and vanilla sugar.
- Then add milk and mix it.
- Warm skillet with a table spoon of butter over moderate low heat (make sure heat isn’t too high, so butter doesn’t burn)
- Deep each slice of bread to the egg and milk mixture from each side (one by one)
- Fry them until eggs are cooked through (till light brown color), then flip to the other side.
- Once eggs from other side are cooked though as well then move french toasts to the plate and garnish them with your choice of shredded cheese. Let cheese melt a bit. Serve warm for breakfast or as a quick snack.